Now that Guardians of the Galaxy is out on Blu-Ray, 3D Blu-ray and DVD, even more people might be wondering just as to who that strange creature in the post-credits was. In fact, there are many creatures in the collection. That was not Donald Duck, as some have concluded. That is Howard the Duck voiced by Seth Green. Here are 10 things you didn’t know about the strange Marvel creature.
1. Howard the Duck was the second major theatrical release by Marvel. Its only predecessor was 1944’s Captain America. Despite its failure at the box office, the film managed to gain a cult following.
3. Disney forced Howard the Duck to wear pants, not because of concern for the innocent minds of the youth but because it would be the only way he would look different to Donald Duck.
4. Howard almost became president of the U.S.A. He was a strong candidate in the election campaigns but he fell short due to the fact that people could not believe he was an actual talking duck. Many believed he was a small person wearing a duck costume.
5. Howard the Duck is close friends with one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe, Franklin Richards.
6. The Marvel Duck has met God after defeating Deuteronomy. Howard was reduced to ash, leaving his soul wandering. He meets God and they chat about life.
7. The Anthropomorphic duck was once Howard the Rat, thanks to the tricks of Doctor Bong. This was meant as a Mickey Mouse parody.
8. Despite his appearance in the Guardians and in multiple Marvel universes, Howard the Duck has no superpowers. He is armed with his own fighting style and a few spells that he learned from Doctor Strange.
9. Howard is from Duckworld, an alternate version of Earth where Ducks evolved instead of apes. This lead to the existence of intelligent duck people and dumber apes.