The Fortnite/Marvel limited time event, called Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time Mashup (quite a mouth full), will see players who grab the Infinity Gauntlet transform into the Marvel Universe’s fierce Titan, Thanos. During the event, at the beginning of each match, a meteor will land in the storm safe zone delivering the Infinity Gauntlet. It’s a mad dash as each player tries to eliminate Thanos, after which the Infinity Gauntlet will be dropped free for the taking. If the Infinity Gauntlet is left alone too long it will disappear until a new meteor appears. As with every battle royale, last player standing wins.
Naturally, donning the Infinity Gantlet means that the player gains a few new abilities including shields and health, with his shields regenerating after he eliminates another player. One thing to take note of is that Thanos can’t build or use weapons as the Titan has no need for such things. Below are some of the abilities the player will gain as Thanos.
- A mighty punch that knocks enemies back and destroys structures.
- Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Harness the energy of the Power stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- A super-jump that can vault Thanos over all but the largest obstructions.
- Thanos has both shields and health. When he eliminates another player, his shields regenerate. His health never regenerates.
- Thanos doesn’t take fall damage.
It seems that Thanos will be quite a threat to the other players and that eliminating him will be somewhat tougher than one might think. The Fortnite ambitious limited timed event will be running as from today (8th of May).