The legendary Nightmare on Elm Street star is one of several new actors announced for the fourth season of the popular Netflix series, which is currently in production.
Englund will portray Victor Creel, a disturbed and intimidating man who is imprisoned in a psychiatric hospital for a gruesome murder in the 1950s. Unfortunately, there’s no information on exactly how the character will fit into the show’s storyline.
In addition to Englund, a slew of new faces have been added to the cast as series regulars. The official list for Stranger Things season 4 includes:
- Jamie Campbell Bower as Peter Ballard, a caring man who works as an orderly at a psychiatric hospital. Tired of the brutality he witnesses day after day, Peter may be poised to take a stand.
- Eduardo Franco as Argyle, a fun-loving stoner who works at Surfer Boy Pizza.
- Joseph Quinn as Eddie Munson, a metal-head who runs a local Dungeons & Dragons group, called The Hellfire Club. Eddie is at the terrifying epicentre of this season’s mystery.
- Tom Wlaschiha as Dimitri, a Russian prison guard who befriends Hopper. He’s smart, cunning and charming, but can he be trusted?
- Nikola Djuricko as Yuri, a seedy and unpredictable Russian smuggler who loves bad jokes, cold hard cash, and crunchy peanut butter.
- Mason Dye as Jason Carver, a rich sports star whose perfect world begins to unravel in the face of a new evil.
- Sherman Augustus as Lt. Colonel Sullivan, a no-nonsense man who believes he knows how to stop the evil in Hawkins once and for all.
While plot details for Stranger Things season 4 are being kept under wraps, a teaser has confirmed that Hopper managed to survive the events of season three’s finale.
Created by The Duffer Brothers in 2016, Stranger Things stars Winona Ryder as Joyce Byers alongside David Harbour as Chief Jim Hopper. The rest of the cast includes Finn Wolfhard, Noah Schnapp, Millie Bobby Brown, Caleb McLaughlin, Gaten Matarazzo, Natalia Dyer, Charlie Heaton, Joe Keery, Sadie Sink, and Maya Thurman-Hawke.