It has finally been announced by 2K and Irrational Games that BioShock: The Collection, a remastered version of all three BioShock games, will be releasing on the 16th of September 2016.
The Collection will include BioShock, BioShock 2 and BioShock Infinite and although the BioShock 2 multiplayer will not be included it will include all the DLC. All three titles will be remastered in 1080p and will run at 60fps on all platforms.
Here is a more detailed description of what the BioShock: The Collection will include:
- The video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” featuring Ken Levine, creative director on BioShock and BioShock Infinite and Shawn Robertson, animation lead on BioShock and animation director on BioShock Infinite.
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Walk through a Rapture-inspired virtual museum that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at discarded concepts that never made it into the original game.
- Challenge Rooms: Outside the story of BioShock, tackle puzzles, splicers and Big Daddies. And achievements, of course.
- BioShock 2 (**Multiplayer will not be included)
- Minerva’s Den: A self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you’ve never seen before. Use expanded combat abilities with the experimental Ion Laser and chaotic Gravity Well Plasmid, unique to Minerva’s Den, as you face off against the Lancer Big Daddy.
- Protector Trials: Take control of an Alpha Series Big Daddy woken out of hibernation just before the events of BioShock 2.
- BioShock Infinite
- Burial at Sea – Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes the BioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the original BioShock!
- Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
- Columbia’s Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.
*BioShock Infinite is not being remastered on PC because it already meets current-gen console standards and runs smoothly on high visual settings.
**BioShock: The Collection will not include BioShock 2 multiplayer.
This is great news as we are huge fans of BioShock, and personally can’t wait to set foot in Rapture again.
BioShock: The Collection will be releasing on the 16th of September 2016 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.