A few months back, HP Inc. launched their Omen gaming brand to compete in the ever-growing market. This week, HP unleashed its most powerful gaming laptop yet, the Omen X by HP Laptop.
The Omen X is for gaming enthusiasts and eSports athletes seeking the maximum performance. Engineered with the thermals, the Omen X supports unlocked CPUs allowing for user overclocking, factory-overclocked GPUs and memory options for the best gaming performance, all in a stunning, compact design. Competitive gaming has changed the landscape in recent years, with more and more users requiring increased performance. With this, there is an increased demand for optimal and configurable desktop-level performance to deliver the best frame rates and responsiveness to beat the competition while also being mobile.
Engineered for Gaming Performance
The Omen X provides users with industry-leading technology and custom-tuning capabilities, including:
- The Omen Command Center Software to custom tune and push hardware to its limits, with the ability to manage CPU overclocking, optimise gaming network traffic with a network booster to reduce latency in online games, and customize system lighting to streamline gaming controls
- Intel® 7th gen unlocked Intel® Core™ i7 CPU, XMP memory options for memory overclocking5 and tested profiles up to DDR4-2800, and factory-overclocked GPUs up to NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 – ideal for fast-paced or multiplayer games running at 4K resolutions.
- RAID0 SSD option for ultra-fast boot and game loading and PCIe SSD+HDD storage options for quick responsiveness and massive storage capacity.
- Thermal management to push high-end hardware beyond factory settings, including high-performance fans to increase airflow and an integrated vapour chamber with four 3.5 mm heat pipes to improve heat transfer from the GPU and CPU to the four rear corner-mounted radiators
Designed for Immersion
The Omen X Laptop is VR ready, and features enhanced gameplay and limit outside distractions for full immersion:
- Mechanical and RGB LED-per key backlit keyboard, including 2.5 mm travel with tactile feel and mechanical switches to provide instant feedback and comfort for intense gaming sessions; RGB LED per key for customizable key maps, independent, programmable macro keys, and N-Key rollover on every key for anti-ghosting functions.
- 17″ diagonal 4K display option for ultimate high-resolution gaming, or 120Hz 1080p display options for fast refresh rates and smooth visuals and all configurations are NVIDIA G-Sync™ enabled for reduced image tearing
- DTS Headphone:X® for simulated surround sound with any headset7 and premium sound featuring HP Dual Speakers with Audio by Bang & Olufsen
- HP Audio Boost to ensure peak performance without overloading the speakers.
- A translucent window to see inside the laptop, along with custom lighting and an aluminium finish for a premium look and feel that can be personalized and customized for the individual games.
Crafted for Expansion
To give gamers a constant edge on the competition, the OMEN X Laptop is crafted for expansion with an easy upgrading of the system capabilities or swapping parts:
- Single access panel to HDD, SSDs, and RAM, so all end-user replaceable components are easily accessible
- Generous port selection with support for up to four external displays
- Connect to a range of different gaming accessories with three USB 3.0 Type A, two Thunderbolt™ 3-certified USB 3.1 TypeC™, HDMI 2.0a with HDR support, Mini DisplayPort™, RJ45 and a multi-format media card reader
- Dual audio jack with separate microphone input and headset jacks (input/output) to support the latest gaming headsets or external speakers
The Omen X by HP Laptop is expected to be available in the country in early 2018, with pricing around R59,000.