Undoubtedly the world’s most widely watched factual television programme, Top Gear, is back for their 19th season (in the current format), which kicks off on the 27th January in the UK on BBC Two.
According to the official Top Gear magazine, the new season will include:
- An Africa special. The object is to purchase a car online for just £1,500, which includes a BMW 5-Series Touring, a Volvo 850 T5-R and a Subaru WRX.
- Another US special, featuring the SRT Viper, Lexus LFA and an Aston Martin Vanquish.
- Jeremy commissions students from Coventry University automotive design to build a car even smaller than the Peel P50 from a few seasons back.
- James attempt to transform a Bentley Continental GT into a rally car.
- A Road Trip Special: Shelby Mustang GT500 vs. a train.
- Car rugby with a Kia Cee’d.
- And a few road tests for the Toyota GT86, Pagani Huayra, Ferrari F12, Lotus Exige V6 S and a hot hatch battle that features the Ford Focus ST, Renault Megane RenaultSport Cup 265 and Vauxhall Astra VXR.