Warner Bros. Pictures and Skydance have released a new trailer for Geostorm, the global disaster flick starring Gerard Butler that takes its cues from the Roland Emmerich disaster book. If you’re a fan of his work, like The Day After Tomorrow or 2012, then Geostorm would seem to be perfect for you.
All of director Roland Emmerich’s trademarks are present in the new trailer for Geostorm:
1. Preposterous plots that involve world disaster
2. An ass-kicking American president
3. A bunch of scientists who are willing to risk their lives
4. Lead character duties are shared by several important characters from around the world
5. Mass proportions of disaster with loads of CGI
6. Destruction of a famous building
7. A stupid and greedy politician
8. A Father/daughter or father/son relationship
10. An epic car chase sequence
After an unprecedented series of natural disasters threatened the planet, the world’s leaders came together to create an intricate network of satellites to control the global climate and keep everyone safe. But now, something has gone wrong—the system built to protect the Earth is attacking it, and it’s a race against the clock to uncover the real threat before a worldwide geostorm wipes out everything…and everyone along with it.