Today at the New York Times International Luxury Conference, HP Inc. raised the bar for the premium PC experience with the debut of the new HP Spectre, the world’s thinnest laptop.
- CNC machined aluminum chassis as thin as an AAA-battery at just 10.4mm
- Powerful Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors deliver superior performance versus mobile processors often used in this class of device
- Superb entertainment experience with full HD 13.3” (33.8cm) diagonal edge-to-edge display and Bang & Olufsen sound
The HP Spectre and new premium portfolio were showcased alongside the results of the company’s collaboration with world-renowned designers Tord Boontje and Jess Hannah. The collaboration features exclusive, limited edition luxury notebooks at the intersection of high-end art and leading technology.
“The HP Spectre is the thinnest notebook in the world, and unlike the majority of other super thin PCs on the market, this laptop doesn’t compromise power or features,” said Louis Perrin, director, consumer products, Personal Systems EMEA, HP Inc. “A beautiful edge-to-edge display, Intel® Core™ i processors coupled with Bang & Olufsen sound and a sexy and thin design, HP amazing engineers set a new standard with the all new Spectre.”
World’s Thinnest Laptop
HP reimagined every element during the design of the HP Spectre to ensure the best user experience coupled with maximum performance. The result is a premium notebook PC that does not force users to compromise on style, function or performance with features such as:
- A carbon fiber bottom creates a thin profile that is both durable and lightweight, keeping the total weight of the notebook at just 1.1kg (2.45 pounds)
- High gloss copper accents reflect a hand-polished, jewelry like finish and an innovative hidden piston hinge creates the illusion of a hinge-less design to offer an unmatched premium look-and-feel.
- An innovative hybrid battery split into two thinner pieces delivers the same wattage as a single battery for up to 9 and half hours of battery life while enabling the world’s thinnest laptop.
- Full HD IPS edge-to-edge display featuring Corning® Gorilla® delivers a superb viewing experience for editing photos, perfecting a presentation or watching a movie.
- 6th generation Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors and a lightning fast PCIe SSD with storage up to 512GB with up to 8GB of memory for maximum performance. Integration of Intel® hyperbaric cooling system keeps the machine running cool even with powerful processors in a small package.
- Stereo speakers by Bang & Olufsen with HP Audio Boost technology, a combination of hardware and software to give customers the depth they want.
- Three full function USB Type-CTM connectors, including two of which support ThunderboltTM, to provide a fast, versatile I/O connection.
New ENVY Hybrid Features Thinner Design, Longer Battery Life and 4K Display Option
Combining power and performance in a new thin profile, the 15.6” (39.6cm) diagonal HP ENVY x360 is 21 percent thinner with longer battery life compared to the previous generation, weighing just 2.04kg (4.5lbs) and measuring 18.8mm thin. With a timeless, all metal design, the HP ENVY x360 now offers a higher-resolution display option for customers who want to view or edit 4K content. Key features include:
- Longer battery life with up to 11 hours compared to 8 hours on the previous generation.
- 6th generation Intel® Core™ i5 or i7 processors with optional Intel® Iris™ graphics or 6th generation AMD A9-9410 Dual-Core processors with Radeon™ R3 Graphics.
- Full HD display option and clear, premium sound with HP Audio Boost technology with tuning by Bang & Olufsen to extend the entertainment experience.
- Two USB 3.0 Type-A ports with one supporting HP USB Boost, one USB 3.0 type-CTM for data transfer, HDMI and SD card reader for maximum productivity.
- Up to 8GB of system memory and single or dual storage options with up to 2TB HDD and up to 256GB PCIe SDD.
Power in Lighter ENVY Laptops
The new generation HP ENVY laptop offers a sleek, metal design featuring big power and performance, plus edge-to-edge flush glass display for beautiful viewing experiences. It features three USB 3.0 ports and a USB T Type-CTM that supports data transfer to make adding or connecting accessories easy, as well as HP Fast Charge which allows customers to charge the battery up to 90 percent in just 90 minutes when powered off.
The device is lighter than its predecessor with the 15.6” (39.6cm) ENVY a half pound (0.2kg) lighter than the previous generation weighing in at 1.99kg (4.4lbs) and 17.95mm thin.
The15.6” diagonal HP ENVY laptop also features:
- Choice of Intel® Core™ processors up to i7 with option of UMA or Intel® Iris™ graphics
- 16GB of memory with dual storage options of up to 1TB HDD and 256GB PCIe SSD(7)
- Windows Hello support on optional HD IR camera
HP Spectre Pro 13
For business executives and mobile professionals, HP will offer the HP Spectre Pro 13 G1 with Windows 10 Pro. It is not only stylish for personal life and for work, but has the power and performance to get through busy workdays. In addition to HP Care Pack options, HP Spectre Pro offers business-friendly services. Enterprise customers can choose from HP Configuration, HP Deployment, and HP Custom Business Services, for a personalized IT environment and reduced setup time. SMB customers can choose Helpdesk by HP Care that provides world class services. HP Subscription includes products + services at a fixed monthly price to help maximize cash flow through a monthly payment plan.
Pricing and Availability
- The 13.3” diagonal HP Spectre is expected to be available in EMEA in June with a starting price of €1,499.
- The 15.6” diagonal Intel-based HP ENVY x360 is expected to be available in EMEA in May with a starting price of €899.
- The 15.6” diagonal AMD-based HP ENVY x360 is expected to be available in EMEA in June with a starting price of €799.
- The 15.6” diagonal HP ENVY laptop is expected to be available in EMEA in June with a starting price of €749.
- The HP Spectre Pro 13 G1 is expected to be available in EMEA in May with a starting price of €1,099 excluding VAT.