This is real. The Super Awesome Micro Project: A full sized Lego car, with an engine made from Lego that runs on air. It is the brainchild of Melbourne entrepreneur and marketing guy Steve Sammartino and Raul Oaida, a self-taught teenage technology genius from Romania who Steve met on the internet.
Super Awesome Micro Project Factoids:
– The engine is made from standard Lego pieces and runs on air!
– The engine has four orbital engines and a total of 256 pistons.
– More than 500,000 LEGO pieces.
– Top speed around 20-30km (We drive it slow as are scared of giant lego explosion)
– Built in Romania and shipped to a secret location in Melbourne.
– It’s a Hot Rod design, mainly because hot rods are cool.