Earlier this month, Samsung announced that it would be releasing a Premium Suite upgrade to its Samsung Galaxy SIII devices across the globe. The suite adds a number of new features already seen in the Samsung Galaxy Note II and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, along with additional apps for the power user. Samsung has also released 2 demo videos, which highlight the changes you can expect as part of the upgrade. Here’s what to expect with your upgrade in the coming days (hopefully not weeks or months):
- Auto Share Shot Pairing using NFC: This feature allows you to change settings in the camera to share photos and videos by simply tapping your smartphone to another Galaxy SIII.
- Reader Mode: Change the size of the text in your browser, and also share the selected page.
- Facebook Lock Ticker: Shows your Facebook live news feeds directly from the lock screen.
- Multi-Window: As seen in with the Galaxy Note II, this allows you to open 2 separate apps to run on the screen at the same time using split windows.
- Contextual Menu: Show the most frequently used apps first.
- Contextual Tag: You can now tag the weather, date and location to your photos by simply enabling the feature in your camera settings.
- Page Buddy: Automatically opens apps or performs functions when triggered. Example: When connecting your earphones, it will open the music player.
- Paper Artist: Change the moods of your pictures.
- Camera, Low Light Shot: An update to the camera that allows you to take better quality images in low-light conditions.
- Camera, Best Face: When taking group photos, the camera will capture 5 consecutive photos and choose the best one, which hopefully includes one where no one is blinking.
New Features & Better Accessibility:
- Easy Mode: Helps you setup the 5 most frequently used widgets on the homescreen.
- Sound Balance: Allows you to individually adjust the sound balance of each channel.
- Setup Wizard: Accessibility menu appears from the start when setting up your device for the first time.
- Camera Easy Snap: Detects how many faces you have captured when taking photos.
Samsung Premium Suite Upgrade Part 1:
Samsung Premium Suite Upgrade Part 2: