There have been many movie posters released over the past century. The first ever poster was released in 1895 for the film, L’Arroseur arose, directed by Louis Lumière, which screened on 10th June of the same year. Although the movie only ran for a total of 49 seconds, this paved the way to a new age of advertising movies.
It doesn’t take great insight to notice that Hollywood has often reused themes for movie posters as part of their marketing campaigns, some of which have become stale and clichéd. A French blogger, by the name of Christophe Courtois, has taken the time to collect a number of the above-mentioned poster designed and categorised them further into themes.
1. A Loner Viewed From Behind
2. Big Heads over Tiny People on a Beach
3. Back To Back, Viewed From the Side
4. The Between-the-Legs Shot
5. In Bed
6. Big Eye
8. Black & White Action Movie Posters
9. Running in the Street, At a Tilt and Tinted Blue
10. Building a Face Out of Other Objects
11. Lady in Red
12. Justice Is Blind
13. Big Block Font Right Over the Face
14. Reflection in Sunglasses
15. Public Bench